If you want to learn –
• Why reading is good for you
• How to make more money by reading more books
• Organize and Remember what you read
then this blog post is for you.
Why is reading good for you?
• When you read great books from great authors you are learning great ideas and making them your own.
• You are learning how to articulate yourself correctly
• You are improving your focus and brainpower
• you gain knowledge that is much deeper than scrolling through social media
• it boosts your creativity and imagination
• you will improve your memory
All of these benefits will stack up and compound the more you read They are the base foundation to make more money from reading.
“But how can reading help me make more money?” you are asking… Reading and learning in today’s modern world are an investment you make for the future.
Today, information is the new currency.
Whatever you read and absorb WELL (note-taking tips further ahead) can be used by you to learn new skills and develop yourself. Today, knowledge = money. It is true more than ever before.
The more connections you make through reading books, the more chances you have of finding a valuable skill that you like doing and can scale up to a full business.
There are many opportunities online. Take Twitter for example. Anyone can open a Twitter account and start sharing information in a niche they know about.
If you just look on Twitter you can understand why reading books can help you express yourself better on this platform.
You can write better tweets, make better connections, and get more business whether you are an affiliate marketer or business owner looking for more clients.
Better tweets = better engagement = more business for you. If you want to grow big on Twitter and write better tweets –
You can check out Create 24/7: The Blueprint to Build a 6-Figure Twitter Business – a great course that teaches you how to create engaging content and develop a strong brand to grow big and make money on Twitter.
Here’s the practical part – Reading tips:
Reading can be hard, especially if you are in the process of building a habit to read regularly. A few tips to getting started-
1. Get a book that really interests you to learn what it speaks about. If the book isn’t interesting enough, you will lose patience very fast and it won’t work.
That’s why it’s important you get a book that makes you want to keep reading.
2. Set a daily goal – Some people prefer setting a page-based goal, and some like going for a time-based goal.
I personally prefer setting a scheduled time to read for 20~ minutes when I am reading for self-development\entairtenment purposes. I would set a Page oriented goal when it is for work or study so I can set a deadline if I need to finish it on a schedule.
Stay consistent. the great thing about reading is that if you do it daily – you will get better results – and you will also read faster and enjoy it more. Your focus will improve and you will be able to read longer, which in turn will increase your focus again. It’s a positive feedback loop.
3. Share your knowledge of what you learned –
Whether you are reading a finance book about investing or a social skills book about becoming a better listener, share your knowledge with friends and family. The more you talk about the book the more you will remember it and it will make you a more interesting person to be around.
That alone can motivate you to keep on reading and exploring new books. You can start a blog\twitter account that summarizes books or even open a book club if that suits you – all of these can be monetized in time.
4. Enjoy the process. If you are not enjoying it’s not really worth it.
Make it a point to have fun while reading and learn the best you can. Some books can be hard reads and it’s fine to struggle with them – but if you are really suffering from reading a book just change to another one.
There are too many books in the world to keep reading something you don’t like. Here are 2 great books to get you started:
1. How To Win Friends And Influence People– Great book and fluent reading on improving your social skills.
2. Think and Grow Rich – A book that will help you carve your path to success and wealth in life.
Note-taking While Reading:
If you are serious about reading and learning from a book – you should take notes while reading your books. There are several ways to do it, you can:
1. Highlight the key parts of what you are reading – less optimal in my opinion because it sticks less and we have a tendency to just mark too much info that way.
2. Right a small summary on the side of the paragraphs in the book.
3. Summarize everything as you go in a journal or type it down.
When you summarize the material you read, it is easier to go through on a second review and it will make it easier to recall and implement. If you are studying the material for an exam or for work I would say it is a necessity to actually summarize everything and review it a few times so that you are fluent with the material. Way to go for reading the whole thread! You are now ready to start making reading a daily habit.
If you liked this post, Share it with friends and leave a comment down below to let me know what you liked.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more content like this.